Frequently Asked Questions


Consulate of the Republic of
Kenya in British Columbia

Contact Us
     Q. I will be in Kenya for a few days before I cross the border into Tanzania and back to Kenya. Any information as to the type of visa I need and the cost would be helpful.
A. If you travel from Kenya to Tanzania and back to Kenya before your Visitor's Pass expires, your Single Entry visa will suffice. However, if your Visitor's Pass expires before you return to Kenya, you will need to apply for another Single Entry visa at the border or port of entry into Kenya.
  1. What is a transit visa?

A. A transit visa is issued to travellers who leave precincts of the airport during the transit period.

  1. How long does it take to have a Travel Document issued?

A. Visas are issued within seven (7) business days from the day of receipt of signed application form, under certain circumstances, processing may take longer.
  1. What does one need if they wish to work in Kenya?

A. The employer in Kenya should apply for the Entry Work Permit from the Principal Immigration Officer whose address is P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi. Tel:011-254-20-222022, Fax:011-254-20-220731.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Kenya High Commission
The Department of Immigration